A Nature Tour can open your eyes to the opportunities around you, reconnecting you with the vast network of life that is the natural world. Along the journey, guides will shed light on aspects of the Earth that are otherwise overlooked. Through this experience, your understanding of the symbiotic relationship we share with our environment will deepen. Explore teachings of historical context, gain knowledge of environmental awareness, learn plant identification and animal tracking, and discover more about the land we walk. Our goal is to broaden your horizons and open your mind to the endless possibilities found on any journey!
Nature Tours are typically 2 or 4-hour hikes guided by various Eco Acres Educators. You can find specific details for each Nature Tour on its respective event page.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Plant and Fungi I.D.
- Wildlife I.D. Tracking and Trailing
- Survival Techniques
- Environmental Awareness
- History of the Land and its Peoples
- Caretaking Principles
- Outdoor Ergonomics
- Children 7 and under can join us for free (registration still required). Participant age and ability recommendations/restrictions may vary depending on location and activity; check the event listing for more details.
How to Prepare & What to Bring:
- Closed toe shoes
- Expect weather
- Notebook and writing utensil
- A phone or camera for photos